Senior Analyst, Credit Risk
25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
This position is responsible for providing effective credit risk analysis to aid in the development and implementation of strategies, scorecards, monitoring and guidance for our credit card portfolio at a tactical level.
- Analyze the portfolio and respective credit risk strategies to optimize risk and reward.
- In conjunction with the Manager, recommend improvements and quantify the benefits (e.g. credit limit assignment)
- In conjunction with the Manager, update and validate changes to the credit risk systems.
- Develop, maintain, and produce a scheduled inventory of financial, operational, and compliance control reporting
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with cross functional teams to achieve objectives
- Attention to detail and personal accountability to ensure accuracy of produced results.
- Ability to successfully communicate complex problems verbally and written.
- Ability to prioritize and independently execute assigned work.
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field preferred (Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research)
- Demonstrated experience working with a programming language is preferred (SAS, SQL, HTML, C++, VBA, Toad, Oracle).
- Experience with systems and change management is an asset (Triad, Probe, ACS, TSYS, Capstone).
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a data analysis / financial modeling / data mining role.
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.