Program Assistant - Group Homes
Job ID: 2563
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Program Assistant - Group Homes performs administrative and financial support functions for the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation (PHRC) Group Home portfolio, as well as agreement administration (PRHC Group Homes, PRAP Senior Program and Section 82(1)(b) projects); year-end reconciliation (PRHC); mortgage administration (PRHC Group Home and non-profit projects); and annual market rent reviews (PRAP Senior Program). Responds to inquiries, and corresponds and works collaboratively with Operations staff, staff in other BCH branches, sponsoring ministries, operators, non-profit societies, vendors and other stakeholders.
High school graduation plus substantial completion of a college diploma and minimum 4 years directly related work experience.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of program and financial administration
- Some knowledge of a variety of accounting systems?
- General knowledge of accounting practices, budget preparation and reconciliation
- Knowledge of BC Housing funding programs
- Some knowledge of social housing/social policy
- Knowledge and proficiency in relevant databases, spreadsheet and word processing software
- Analytical, mathematical, research, investigative and problem solving abilities and ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions
- Well developed planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, adjust communication style as required to probe and assess issues, provide leadership and training to those involved with the financial review/subsidy and budget process, and provide information and advice to those with non-financial backgrounds
- Advanced knowledge and skill level in Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and a variety of software applications and information systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with solid command of English language.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Keyboarding skill at 40 wpm.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.