Make us your next destination and connect Canada to the rest of the world.
Our Consumer & Market Intelligence (CM&I) team produces data, market intelligence and industry analysis to support strategic and operational decisions. The group is responsible for providing Intelligence tools that help guide marketing strategy and planning for Destination Canada’s key markets and partners.
We’re looking for a highly analytical team lead to join our CM&I team. Reporting to the Executive Director, you’ll lead the development and implementation of an economic statistics data analytics program to provide actionable market intelligence to Destination Canada and its tourism partners. You can lead and motivate others to deliver results, while prioritizing multiple stakeholders’ needs, with excellent follow up, communication and organizational skills.
You speak the language and co-own the tourism market intelligence statistical data and analysis strategy. With your exceptional creative-thinking and problem-solving skills, you’ll thrive in providing advice and leadership for statistical and market research, analysis of consumer behaviour, and business intelligence initiatives for Destination Canada and its tourism partners.
Education: Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor degree in Economics or econometrics, statistical science, mathematics, computer science, or another discipline related to the work, or another acceptable combination of education, training and experience. A Master’s degree in data management would be an asset.
Experience: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- 4+ years of direct work experience in the application of theories and principles of economics, econometrics, and/or statistical science towards the development and management of business intelligence, data management for business applications, statistical data analysis, building predictive models, and managing statistical/data analysis and/or insight delivery in a professional setting.
- 1+ year experience in Supervisory/Management capacity, overseeing or coaching someone else’s work.
- 1+ year experience in establishing cooperative working relationships with business units, industry stakeholders, and senior management; and in managing projects and working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing and/or managing measurement programs; with hands-on exposure to the preparation and development of research reports, research studies and briefing materials based on insights from statistical data analysis, and data visualization.
- Experience working with a variety of statistical analysis tools, including Excel, Access, SPSS/SAS, SQL, R, relational databases, data warehouses, data integration and analytics systems for the conduct of statistical digital analytics for defining, creating, collecting, verifying, and/or transforming digital data-statistics, into reporting, research, analyses, recommendations, optimizations and predictions, for business purposes.
- Strong analytical skills and experience e in applying data visualization tools for more effective presentations of data for decision-making by senior management, and strong analytical skills are required.
For more details about what we need and how to apply, please visit our Careers section at https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/careers. The deadline for this competition is October 19, 2017. Please note in your application where you learned about this competition.