Discover what’s possible.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Indigenous Business Development Advisor
Imperial is looking for an experienced workforce and business development practitioner to join our Indigenous collaboration team. This individual will be responsible for the implementation of, and adherence to, community benefits agreements in regional operating areas. To be successful in this role, you will collaborate with First Nations, Metis and Inuit communities to identify and secure business contracting opportunities. Business incubation expertise and a track record of delivering meaningful results in Indigenous workforce development are critical. Other key deliverables include working closely with Imperial’s asset managers, socioeconomic staff, and commercial and procurement teams to meet commitments and align community investments with strategic priorities. Location is negotiable within Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton, Cold Lake, Fort McMurray or a home office.
The successful applicant will possess a combination of the following:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field
- Broad experience in Indigenous relations and business development
- Technical understanding of the integrated oil and gas industry
- Recognized performance in previous, similar work assignments
- Competence in issues management and conflict resolution
- Proven track record of effective negotiation and collaboration
- Demonstrated success implementing high-value commercial agreements
- Experience supporting Indigenous workforce training and development
- Basic financial accounting skills
- Indigenous language(s) proficiency an advantage
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to travel frequently in Alberta
Start date is Dec. 4, 2017.
Successful applicants must:
- Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
- Participate in pre-employment background screening
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers.
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil