Reporting to the Director, Communications & Marketing, the Communications & Marketing Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Communications and Marketing Department.
The position responsibilities of the Communications & Marketing Coordinator include:
- Provides administrative support to the Director and Department, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, assisting with travel planning, expense reports, contract management, and administrative tasks, such as faxing, photocopying, filing, ordering supplies, and other tasks as directed.
- Coordinates contracts, invoicing, and budgets for the Department, including sending and receiving invoices, coordinating and monitoring payments, record keeping, and preparing standard reports.
- Coordinates travel for the Department, including staff and external individuals, as required.
- Arranges and organizes distribution of Indspire materials and information based on requests.
- Ensures distribution lists are current and up-to-date.
- Conducts daily media monitoring activities, including monitoring a range of media and distributing media reports/coverage within Indspire.
- Coordinates ordering and manages inventory of promotional materials.
- Represents Indspire on occasion at events.
- Conducts research, as required.
- Writes basic communications, including letters, articles, etc.
- Provides website and social media content management support.
- Post-secondary education (college or university) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines and projects at once.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Ability to travel across Canada on occasion, as required.
- Knowledge of Indigenous communities a strong asset.
- Knowledge of French a strong asset.
How to Apply
This is a full-time, one-year contract position and is based at Indspire’s Toronto office. We are an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com or to inquire on a confidential basis, please call Donna Hall at 647-383-8792. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: October 13, 2017