Manager Product, Insurance
25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
We're looking for a creative problem solver, a strategic thinker, who can drive P&L growth and develop new product ideas and enhancements.
Reporting to the Director, Product this role supports the bank's insurance portfolio. The successful candidate will be instrumental in driving the profitability of the P&L, managing multiple stakeholders, and help form the business strategies to assist PC Financial grow in the changing InsurTech landscape. Using industry expertise, strong analytical capabilities and superior communication skills, the Manager will work on driving incremental growth through product innovation, enhancements and P&L management.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- P&L Management
- Develop specific portfolio management and alternate revenue growth strategies to achieve aggressive performance targets.
- Partner management of existing partners and new business development
- Help develop product enhancement road map taking into account changing business landscape, customer preferences and insurance landscape.
- Develop executive-ready presentations
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5-7 years of extensive industry experience including the players in the ecosystem, revenue & cost drivers and product constructs.
- Post - Secondary education, an MBA from a recognized institution will be considered a strong asset
- Demonstrate business acumen
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and strong analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and to help identify opportunities for growth and enhancement
- Superior relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated track record of driving results and leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on different product types and constructs
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.