Create new and exciting futures with RBC
Unlock your potential to achieve and grow your career
Join our team; bring your ambition, we’ll give you the tools, the partners, and the opportunity to create change and new possibilities for our clients, our communities, and your career.
Diversity and Inclusion allow us to reflect the communities we serve and deliver a better experience for our clients. It also means that our employees are empowered to reach their potential with the resources and support they need from RBC; that’s why it is one of our values.
RBC hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
For this job opportunity, we are looking for candidates who self-identify as Indigenous/Aboriginals (First Nations, Inuit, Metis) Peoples of Canada.
RBC Talent Development Program for Indigenous Peoples aims to help recent grads develop the skills and network needed to build their career in Finance. Be a part of an exciting two year experience which offers participants the opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of Finance through this unique rotational program. Our program is designed to hone in on your skills, allows to explore your strengths, and build the career you want.
- Associates will experience four assignments. Three assignments within RBC Finance and one unique rotation working with an Indigenous community organization to give back by applying your business and Finance related skills.
- Assignments in Finance include opportunities working directly with internal clients, prepare and file monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; work with financial statements, complete detailed analysis, and analyze trends; competitive benchmarking, analyzing numbers and writing commentary, and participating in special projects for improvements on data collection process.
- Associates will also benefit from one-to-one mentoring with a program manager, reporting managers and a peer mentor for the duration of the program. Through a combination of experience and exposure, you will get opportunities to learn and broaden your personal network across Finance and RBC.
- Upon completion, you will have an opportunity to build your career within the Finance at RBC. We will work with you to target new opportunities aligned to your interests, skills, and career development goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Kick start your career and explore opportunities to grow
- Excel through skill building and access to learning resources, mentoring and coaching
- Build valuable connections with other Indigenous employees within RBC, and give back to Indigenous communities.
- Use your knowledge to develop insights, disrupt, and create change
- Develop understanding of the Finance group and RBC and work with top industry leaders
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonus, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A recent undergrad degree in Business /Finance/ Economics/Accounting or related field
- Some work experience in a business environment
- Strong interest to pursue career in Finance
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
To learn more about RBC’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, please visit http://www.rbc.com/diversity/index.html and to learn about RBC’s partnership with Indigenous communities, please read RBC ® Aboriginal Partnership Report 2017
Do You Need Accommodation?
If you need assistance with your application, navigating this site or have additional questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org