Reporting to the Director, Content Marketing, the Managing Editor will deliver on a data-driven content strategy and bring life to the brand of United Way Toronto & York Region.
- Collaborate across organization functions to deliver an on-fire multi-media content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives
- Act as managing editor for a cross-organizational editorial team and extended external team of freelancers responsible for pitching, story development, writing, editing, social media, graphics, video and production
- Directly manage a team to help manage and execute an annual production schedule for all donor communications across all channels, reporting regularly on progress, roadblocks and triumphs
- Provide compelling leadership and expertise to design creative solutions that meet the needs of internal stakeholders, particularly on matters related to brand experience, content strategy and design across multiple channels (print, online, in person etc.)
- Ensure that all content (visual and written) supports United Way’s brand, both locally and nationally, working with National United Ways to help drive the execution and management of a consistent identity for United Way
- Amplify, measure and optimize the content marketing program on a regular and ongoing basis, with regular reporting to the Director, Content Marketing
- Build, grow and maintain a stable of freelance writers and co-creators, as well as overseeing and managing the freelance budget
- Along with the Director, Content Marketing, provide marketing consultancy to internal partners and stakeholders, acting as proxy as required
- Support the Director, Content Marketing in implementing strategic marketing initiatives and cross-organizational business transformation projects
- Liaise with UWTYR’s partner organizations on marketing and content issues
- A love of community, with an interest in nurturing and building it and giving everyone in it a fair chance at a good life
- More than 5 years of progressive experience in journalism, marketing, or advertising
- Post-secondary education in journalism, marketing, advertising/communications, or equivalent work-related experience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences want and how to give it to them
- A dual-minded approach: highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- Familiarity with SEO, UI/UX, and analytics/optimization
- Committed, experienced people manager with an interest/experience in coaching and mentoring, and bringing organizational values to life every day
- Affection for messy problems, competing deadlines and creative shenanigans in a fast-paced, collaborative, innovative environment
- Thorough knowledge and commitment to the creative development process including briefing, ideation, evaluation of concepts and production techniques
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population and multiple stakeholders
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST to: ZZ0144@uwgt.org and please indicate where you saw the job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWTYR offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by UWTYR regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.