Reporting to the Director, Communications and Marketing (C&M), the Events Specialist is responsible for researching, planning, and executing events for Indspire, as part of its national outreach strategy, including Indspire-owned events as well as Indspire’s participation in external events. The Events Specialist collaborates with, and leads internal partners and stakeholders, to ensure events contribute to the achievement of Indspire’s objectives and ensures that all event materials are consistent with Indspire’s brand and key messaging, and positively represents Indspire at events.
The position responsibilities of the Events Specialist include:
• Collaborates with colleagues across the organization to lead the development of an events strategy that supports the achievement of organizational objectives.
• Researches, identifies, and recommends event opportunities to pursue.
• Plans and executes events ranging from booths at tradeshows, conferences for up to 1,000 people, PR events, and gala receptions, for example.
• Coordinates all aspects of events, including registration, location, AV, entertainment, refreshments, speakers, suppliers, volunteers, transportation, on-site supervision etc.
• Creates timelines, critical paths, strategies, schedules.
• Proof reads all external marketing publications produced by C&M prior to print.
• Identifies appropriate event venues with consideration for quality, budget and reliability;
• Reviews contracts and negotiates with suppliers (hotels, catering, AV, and other services) to ensure high quality event production.
• Collaborates with colleagues within the C&M team to develop materials to support events strategy.
• Leads cross-departmental meetings as required to coordinate the production of
events and ensure all deliverables are met.
• Ensures that conflicting priorities are managed or escalated as required.
• Prepares post-event reports to analyze success of each event.
• Represents Indspire at events across Canada.
• Minimum 4-6 years professional event management experience (full time dedication)
• Previous experience with a 3rd-Party/Agency Event Management company (an
• Strong background in program management and execution
• Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation, as well as membership(s) in MPI,
SITE, and PCMA, preferred
• Knowledge of and experience in Indigenous communities preferred
• Demonstrates professionalism
• Detail oriented, quality and team-focused
• Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting and competing priorities
• Strong “in-the-moment” problem-solving and management skills
• Ability to maintain a sense of composure during stressful situations
• Ensures deliverables and deadlines are met
• Exceptional skills in event coordination and production
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrable supplier management skills
• Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends and to travel across
• Enthusiastic team player who is also able to work independently
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of French an asset
How to Apply
This is a full-time position and can be based at Indspire’s head office on Six Nations of
the Grand River Territory, or at the Toronto office. The salary range is competitive with a
great benefit package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous organization
whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage
applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about
Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com. All
qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: September 25, 2017