Senior Registration & Consumer Complaints Officer
Job ID: 2556
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Senior Registration & Consumer Complaints Officer is responsible for reviewing and responding to builder and home warranty insurance complaints, and investigating de-enrollments and new home registration change requests. The position responds to complicated inquiries from consumers, residential builders, warranty providers, local governments and others regarding new home registration, home warranty insurance, consumer protection provisions, and provincial standards, and provides guidance and training to the Registry Coordinator on department policy and interpretation of the legislation. The incumbent also participates in the development and delivery of training programs for branch staff and the public regarding new home registrations, home warranty insurance, complaints and other Registration & Consumer Services functions.
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline such as business administration.
- Courses or training in the field of customer service.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the review and processing of applications within a regulatory/compliance environment, requiring knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation and policy.
- Supervisory experience preferred
Or an equivalent and acceptable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices governing the processing of applications in accordance with provisions of applicable legislation and policies.
- Strong knowledge of the Homeowner Protection Act and regulations, and of BC Housing’s programs and policies with respect to increasing consumer protection for homebuyers.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, policies and other information sources for the purposes of responding to inquiries and assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to deliver customer service excellence.
- Strong ability to communicate with the public, including conflict resolution skills and the ability to exercise good judgment, patience, tact and diplomacy in all public interactions.
- Ability to use good judgment to make thoughtful decisions including the fair and consistent application of policy.
- Ability to recognize and operate within scope of authority applying good judgment in deciding when to escalate issues.
- Good knowledge of the land titles system and of the residential construction sector in BC.
- Excellent computer skills including a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, industry partners and the public.
- Excellent writing skills with regards to professional business correspondence.
- Strong ability to investigate, analyze, problem solve and use judgment to resolve issues and provide sound recommendations to managers.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities in order to manage a heavy workload without compromising quality of work.
- Good understanding of data integrity principals with a high degree of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.