25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Core Banking-Through a venture with CIBC, complete banking services to individuals is offered through 200 in store pavilions, internet and telephone banking.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
In first line of Defense role, The Manager, AML/ATF Operations will be responsible for managing the day to day operations related to AML/ATF activities like screening programs, transaction monitoring & adverse news monitoring, filing reports with regulatory bodies and ensure compliance with AML/ATF policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Banks' AML/ATF transaction monitoring and screening programs for the Presidents Choice MasterCard Portfolio
- Managing outsourced partners responsible for the execution of AML/ATF processes, ensuring service levels and quality standards are met;
- Responsible for leading a team to support the execution of the Bank's internal AML/ATF processes and procedures;
- Manage the Bank's escalation process from vendors for PEFP's, Sanctions and Negative News to ensure proper procedures are followed and prescribed regulatory timelines are met for required action, including enhanced monitoring or account de-marketing;
- Manage the Bank's escalation process of Unusual Transactions Reports (UTRs) for internal review and file Suspicious Transactions Reports (STRs) with FINTRAC;
- Responsible for the execution of a quality assurance program over outsourced partners to ensure quality standards are met;
- Responsible for managing and executing the Banks enhanced monitoring program of high risk customers;
- Responsible for reviewing and updating compliance policies, procedures and quality assurance processes as they relate to AML/ATF operations;
- Participation in the Inherent Risk Assessment and Self-Assessment of Controls, as well as responsibility for completing 1st line testing requirements for the AML/ATF Program;
- Responsible for monthly AML/ATF reporting to the Bank's Operational Risk Management Committee;
- Liaison with the Bank's CAMLO to ensure compliance with all AML/ATF regulations within operational responsibility;
- Minimum undergraduate degree, preferably in Business, Commerce or equivalent;
- Three to five years of AML/ATF operational experience at a Canadian Financial Institution;
- CAMS certified or currently enrolled in the CAMS certification program would be an asset;
- The candidate must have a Canadian compliance (AML/ATF) background and have a working understanding of the PCMLTFR and OSFI Guideline B-8;
- Prior experience managing outsourced vendor relationships;
- An understanding of Financial Services is required, experience with credit cards and deposit accounts would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and internet navigation, experience with SharePoint would be an asset;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and develop relationships both internally and externally with regulatory stakeholders;
- A good team player who is also able to work independently in a fast paced environment;
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.