Senior Architect, Solutions Delivery
25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Core Banking-Through a venture with CIBC, complete banking services to individuals is offered through 200 in store pavilions, internet and telephone banking.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
We are currently seeking a Senior Architect that has architecture expertise in designing and building solutions across multiple projects within PC Financial & Services business ranging from new development to improving existing capabilities.
You will have advanced skills in understanding the consumer application of technology and problem solving through the application of proven process improvement techniques and development of technology services. This role will be involved in many phases of the project or initiative life cycle including conception, initialization, design & final delivery.
As part of the solutions delivery team you will work with partners and vendors to define components of technical solutions, manage key technical risks and help shape the delivery of our solutions. In particular you'll have experience architecting solution to meet high performance, availability and security requirements. This role has impacts on many of the business units with the company and provides an opportunity to interact with various people at all levels in the organization.
- Provide an enterprise level architectural approach to individual projects and activities.
- Governing and implementing the integration of all solutions and their integration patterns.
- Providing expertise and consulting to all projects within our delivery function about integration, interfaces and data flows and technologies.
- Creating, designing and reviewing solution architecture documents with high quality standards
- Researching new technologies to optimize the current solutions and to make them sustainable for the future, applying in-house standards and market best practices
- Provide architectural guidance to partners, vendors and colleagues
- Translating digital requirements into technical solutions and systems design
- Ensuring the consumer is at the cutting edge of technology in an "24/7 online world"
- Utilizes their understanding of software design principles, including object oriented, functional programming and APIs in creating custom software solutions.
- Ability to drive quality in a delivery project, from documentation to code and testing.
- Propose and implement incremental improvements to systems and processes as needed
- Develop and maintain an effective level of operational support for consumer and business applications and are a key resource in troubleshooting or issue resolution
- Liaison and work with other architects, systems analysts and business analysts to achieve high quality, innovative, cost-effective and timely delivery results.
- Provide a focus to data quality & security in all solutions & design.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in architecture for large projects including working with middleware and integration approaches.
- Experience in developing digital assets such as websites, mobile apps and solution integration
- Understands micoservices style architecture & logical design of components, data and related functions.
- Post-Secondary Education in information technology, computer science, business or equivalent with previous experience within the Financial Industry or functionally-related industry.
- Understanding of risks and controls applicable to banking/ financial services sector
- Ability to translate/communicate analytic recommendations to both technical and nontechnical team members.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Must be self-starting and results oriented
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build teamwork and strong business relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting and exceeding deadlines in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize, balance conflicting tasks and manage internal and external stakeholders
- Some travel may be required to other vendor and corporate offices in the GTA
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.