UX Design Manager
25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Core Banking-Through a venture with CIBC, complete banking services to individuals is offered through 200 in store pavilions, internet and telephone banking.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
About the Role:
As UX Design Manager, you'll own the design process for our current and future digital experiences. You'll leverage generative and ethnographic research to understand what we're building, who we're building it for and the problem to be solved. You'll determine the user experience through sketching, prototyping, iterative refinement and user testing. You'll rely on your full range of skills, including UX-, interaction-, and visual-design in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to ensure our products and services deliver customer value. You'll also play a foundational role in building an innovation center of excellence, dedicated to exploring, experimenting and defining future fintech use cases. Come be part of the digital transformation in financial services and work on existing and future products and services that will define how Canadians interact with their money.
UX Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Influence and evolve PC Bank's digital brand playbook and UX Strategy (typography, iconography, illustrations, etc.);
- Collaboration with the Senior Manager, Emerging Payments and User Insights to interpret user research, establish empathy and iterate on design deliverables as necessary;
- Develop delightful user experiences that delivers customer value: define components of a system, how they relate to one another and how users will interact with the experience (i.e, design user flows, IA and creative concepts using sketches, mockups and low fidelity wireframes for early validation)
- Lead Prototyping Development: build facades and clickable prototypes to facilitate user testing, product validation and iterative design (i.e., Invision, Marvel, Framer)
- UI and Interaction Design: define how the experience will look and feel and how the product will behave (i.e., high-fidelity compositions, motion and micro-interaction annotations and any required handoff assets)
- Establish and promote design principles, guidelines, best practices, and foster a design culture at PC Bank
- 4+ years experience working in technology startups or agency in a principle design capacity helping to build and ship applications or software;
- A portfolio of interaction (UX/UI) design work including examples of storytelling, from low fidelity sketches through to detailed designs - there's an emphasis on UX design for this role
- Experience working cross-channel (responsive web, iOS and Android)
- User-centeric, process/validation driven problem-solvers, with an eye for interaction and visual design
- Mastery of design-oriented products and services (Sketch/Zeplin.io, InVision, etc), familiarity with the Adobe suite
- An entrepreneurial spirit; you're not satisfied with the status quo and will go out of your way to do things better
- Utility Player: Willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get things done
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.