Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Core Banking-Through a venture with CIBC, complete banking services to individuals is offered through 200 in store pavilions, internet and telephone banking.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) to lead and manage the PC Bank's Enterprise Risk function. The Senior Manager is responsible for execution of key ERM deliverables including the Annual Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment, Monthly Enterprise Risk Management Committee meetings, developing and monitoring the Bank's Risk Appetite, and managing the Bank's stress testing program.
- Accountable for the ERM framework including policies and procedures ensuring framework meets regulatory requirements, industry standards,
- Lead PC Bank's Annual Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment exercise, ensuring all enterprise risks are identified, defined and assessed to be presented to the ERM Committee and Risk Committee of the Board
- Prepare monthly Risk Monitoring report for ERM Committee and Board of Directors.
- Lead and develop the Enterprise Wide Risk monitoring program. Ensuring PC Bank's identified risks are with the Banks approved Risk Appetite
- Lead and facilitate PC Bank's Annual Risk Appetite determination exercise for Board approval
- Overall accountability for the development and execution of PC Bank Stress Testing program, including Annual Scenario testing and Quarterly Sensitivity testing
- Business Compliance Officer for Risk Management team, responsible for LCMS testing of ERM controls and process
- Support the Bank's ICAAP process as a key contributor for a risk management perspective
- Robust experience in senior roles within a risk management functions at a Canadian Financial Institution. Experience related to credit cards and managing financial risks would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience working on Financial Institution's Risk Appetite Frameworks, Stress Testing programs and ICAAP
- Previous experience conducting risk assessments at various levels of organizations
- Understanding of Canadian and International Banking regulations
- Previous experience working with Banking Regulators
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize, balance conflicting tasks and manage internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with the ability to prioritize and balance conflicting tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Well-developed presentation and interactive skills sufficient to present both factual and conceptual information/ideas
- Post-secondary education (preferably in Business or related field)
- FRM, CFA designations would be considered a strong asset
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.