Ontario Trillium Foundation
2 Bilingual Positions specializing in Sector Capacity
Based in Windsor, Chatham, Sarnia, or London
Based in Ottawa, SDG, Prescott-Russell, or Renfrew
1 Position, bilingual preferred specializing in Grantee Relations
Based in Windsor, Chatham, Sarnia or London
1 Position specializing in Impact & Investment
(One year Contract)
Based in Niagara
We are one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the government of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $136 million, OTF awards grants to some 1,000 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
- Demonstrate a commitment to and contribute to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Represent the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) with a wide and diverse range of community organizations and partners
- Champion and administer the OTF Investment Strategy
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Deliver high-value and accountable investments of public funds
- Support grantees to amplify their impact
Program Managers (PMs) specializing in Sector Capacity
- Develop effective relationships with community partners, potential applicants and declined applicants
- Work cross-departmentally to design and deliver exceptional outreach opportunities
- With outstanding customer service in mind deliver beneficial outreach and support to a wide range of communities:
- accurate and clear information through workshops and outreach sessions
- Timely one-on-one support to potential and declined applicants
- Support volunteer learning opportunities
Program Managers (PMs) specializing in Grantee Relations:
- Develop effective relationships with active grantees and volunteers
- Work cross-departmentally to support grantee evaluations and administration of surveys
- Administer aspects of granting processes - including: management of a portfolio of grants (monitoring for accountability and compliance) as well as engaging with active grantees to support their problem solving and success
- Support opportunities for volunteers to learn about active grants
Program Managers (PMs) specializing in Impact & Investments
- Develop effective relationships with volunteers
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure a deep understanding of the investment strategy, policies and grantee expectations
- Provide application analysis that is thorough, fair, based in set criteria and ensures alignment with OTF’s Investment Strategy
- Support the team of volunteers through their work to assess and recommend high quality applications for funding
Program Manager Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge or experience related to the Investment Strategy is considered an asset
- Strong Customer Service orientation
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in, OTF’s core competencies including accountability, agility, excellence
- A “digital first” mindset to enable efficient business processes through the use of technology
- A “can do,” roll-up-your-sleeves approach
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation & public speaking skills to represent OTF in the community, work in a team of peers and liaise with volunteers
- The candidate must possess a vehicle and a valid driver’s license - in particular the Sector Capacity Specialist requires on-going travel throughout the province
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline
- Three to five years’ progressive experience within the non-profit, public or foundation sectors or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience
Directions for application:
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online. Please indicate the Specialty you are applying for and the region you are based in.
For more information, please visit our website at: http://otf.ca/careers
The closing date for this posting is September 8, 2017.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.