Job ID: 2541
Short Term/Full Time - Upto 1 Year
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Licensing Officer is responsible for processing new builder licence, builder licence renewal and owner builder applications in accordance with the Homeowner Protection Act. The incumbent reviews applications for completeness and accuracy, gathers information through person and/or telephone interviews, and performs land title and corporate searches through BC Online. The incumbent uses judgment to ensure applications meet the requirements of the Homeowner Protection Act, and provides a file summary and recommendation for the review of the Registrar or the Registrar’s delegate. The position responds to enquiries from government officials, warranty companies, current and potential builders, realtors, lawyers/notary publics and the general public regarding the legislation and policies respecting the issuance of builder licences and owner builder authorizations. Duties are assigned on rotation.
- College diploma in a relevant discipline such as business administration.
- Additional courses in customer relations and conflict resolution preferred
- Minimum one year experience in the review and processing of applications within a regulatory/compliance environment, requiring knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation and policy.
OR equivalent and acceptable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices governing the processing of applications in accordance with provisions of applicable legislation and policies
- Knowledge of the Homeowners Protection Act and regulations, and of BC Housing’s programs and policies with respect to increasing consumer protection for homebuyers
- Excellent computer skills and good knowledge of a number of software programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well in communicating with the public, and ability to exercise discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with inquiries
- Excellent writing skills with regards to professional business correspondence
- Good research and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- High degree of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to use good judgment to make thoughtful decisions with fair and consistent application of policy.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.