Assistant Privacy Officer and FOI Manager
Job ID: 2534 - Excluded
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Assistant Privacy Officer and FOI Manager administers BC Housing’s obligations under British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) by managing freedom of information (FOI) requests, supporting the completion of Privacy Impact Statements, developing policies and procedures, delivering training, and providing advice to BC Housing staff. The position assumes acting responsibilities for the Privacy Officer and Senior Manager, Information Services as necessary. The position interacts with BC Housing’s CEO, vice-presidents and senior management, exercising considerable discretion and providing advice on sensitive and complex privacy and FOI matters.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses, such as IAPP certification.
- Considerable experience processing FOI requests of varied complexity, completing Privacy Impact Assessments, including for complex Information Technology (IT) systems and environments, and completing Information Sharing Agreements. Considerable experience in communicating with senior level staff, organizations such as the OIPC, and clients
- Supervisory experience an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of FIPPA, or other similar legislation in Canada
- In depth knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s business operations
- Demonstrable expertise in analysing the requirements of FIPPA and the impact of OIPC decisions
- Basic knowledge of IT Security
- Well-honed problem solving skills, and ability to analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment
- Proven communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, in both spoken and written communications, and provide complex and sensitive information where there may be significant barriers to acceptance
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with BC Housing executive, managers and staff, the OIPC and other government agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and utilize diplomacy and tact in dealing with confidential matters
- Effective organizational, planning and project management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
Please review the Job Description at www.bchousing.org/careers prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
- Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
We are looking forward to receiving your application on www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.