Indspire is an Indigenous-led registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving kindergarten to grade 12 success for Indigenous youth. In 2016-17, Indspire awarded $11.6 million through 3,764 bursaries and scholarships to Indigenous youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by Indigenous people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. In this newly created position the Administrative Assistant, will report to the Executive Assistant, Chief Operating Officer, and provide a variety of administrative, general clerical support and reception duties for the Toronto office.
The position responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
- Provides administrative support through the Executive Assistant, including reception duties for the Toronto office
- Processes expense reports, credit card reconciliations, activity reports, contract management, maintaining and ordering office supplies, mail, couriers, shipping promotional materials and other administrative/office coordination duties, as directed
- Coordinates invoicing for the Toronto office, including sending and receiving invoices, coordinating and monitoring payments, record keeping and preparing standard reports
- Coordinates and organizes distribution of Indspire materials, information and mailing lists, based on established distribution plans
- Liaises with Executive Assistant, COO to handle requests from senior managers
- Coordinates, meetings, including location, catering and meeting materials, as required in the Toronto office
- Supports the work of the Executive Assistant, COO as required and acts as back up during vacations.
- Completion of high school and post-secondary education, or equivalent
- Progressive experience with a minimum 1 and up to 2 years’ in a similar environment
- Knowledge of and experience in Indigenous communities preferred
- Effective customer service skills and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel in particular)
- Demonstrates organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of office equipment, systems and procedures
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position and will be located in Indspire’s Toronto office. The salary range is competitive with a great benefit package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to inquire on a confidential basis, please call Donna Hall at 647-383-8792. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: August 15, 2017