Are you an experienced management consultant looking to transfer your consulting experience in-house? Do you want to continue doing exciting project-based work? If you answered yes, keep reading!
Economical Insurance is seeking a Manager, Strategic Initiatives to join the corporate strategy team to be a key part of the company's strategic projects.
Reporting to the AVP, Strategic Initiatives, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the execution and delivery of enterprise-level strategic programs. This individual will be responsible for the operational planning and management of Economical’s cross-disciplinary programs, including de-mutualization, public company readiness, future M&A integrations, and other strategic initiatives. The Manager is expected to possess exceptional organizational skills, the ability to adapt to dynamic and changing situations, and the desire to understand and deepen his/her learnings in new disciplines.
** This role works out of our downtown Toronto office in the financial district **
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
- Manage large and complex strategic programs, ensuring effective execution and deliveries across multiple disciplines and functional areas
- Develop detailed project plans that identify and sequence project activities as part of the program management office
- Monitor project progress and prepare reports and presentations for senior management
- Guide and manage external advisors, vendors and consultants
- Support the development of strategic processes and frameworks that enhances organizational capabilities
- Facilitate working sessions with a broad range of functional stakeholders
Who We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated success in delivering and executing in dynamic and constant evolving environments
- Proven ability to learn quickly and gain expertise in new functional areas
- Acute attention to detail and strong commitment to producing excellent work products
- Ability to perform under pressure, meets deadlines and handles multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Sound judgment, with the ability to critically analyze situations, problem-solve, and deal with ambiguity; exhibits the ability to provide meaningful advice and recommendations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across a range of contexts, with the ability to explain detailed and technical information in a simple and creative manner
- Team player; demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve results
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to build rapport with a wide variety of people across the organization
- A high degree of personal ethics, integrity and responsibility with an ability to deal with sensitive issues and safeguard confidential information
Your Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of progressively senior experience gained at a top tier management consulting firm
- Experience leading and managing a team of consultants on large-budget, cross-disciplinary enterprise projects (such as business transformation or integration acquisition)
- University undergraduate degree in business or related discipline, with high proven achievement
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrated aptitude for strategic, analytical and critical thinking
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required
What You’ll Experience:
- A fun and supportive team with opportunity to grow
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- A company that values the community, wellness and work-life balance