REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Bulk Manufacturing
DEPARTMENT: Bulk Manufacturing
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
The Toronto Vaccine Manufacturing site has entered a period of unprecedented investments and associated projects. We are therefore reinforcing our program and project competencies in an effort to create a best in class project delivery engine. This is a rare and unique opportunity for the right person to join us, shape the way we work, establish best practices and, in the process, secure the supply of life saving vaccines. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a lasting impact and join a high performing and fun team, this is it.
The Bulk Manufacturing Program Director is responsible for leading the implementation of key manufacturing strategic projects. The expected result is that the completed program will safely secure the supply of antigens for the next decade and de-risk the antigen manufacturing platforms.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director Bulk Manufacturing. This is a permanent and full time position.
The bulk antigen manufacturing platforms are at the heart of the growth of the vaccines produced in Toronto and distributed worldwide. The success of the bulk programs is a top priority for Sanofi and for the site. This position is an essential success factor.
- Manage multiple high level, high profile, critical projects. Support and lead all phases of the projects.
- Project could include but are not limited to new facility start-up, small and large capital projects, technical projects (yields, capacity, validation, seed, shut-down, etc..).
- Collaborate with Site Engineering, Project Prioritization Committee (PPC) and other support functions such as validation, sterility assurance, regulatory and Manufacturing Technology to plan project funding, resources and project execution phases.
- Implement best in class project governance; provide project updates at Bulk Antigen Platform steering committees and operational meetings as required.
- Identify and escalate risks and plans for mitigation to stakeholders.
- Ensures interface with key stakeholders such as but not limited to supply chain, regulatory, quality, engineering and franchise leaders.
- Conduct lessons learned exercise to identify opportunities of continuous improvement related to project execution.
- Facilitate development of work breakdown structure to ensure all project activities are identified and assigned to appropriate team members.
- Conduct risk assessment during project life cycle and include appropriate contingency actions in the plan.
- Develop a realistic schedule and budgets.
- Respect compliance requirements by applying Sanofi project management standards and guidelines.
- Cultivate knowledge of existing project methodologies and emerging areas of importance in the industry and apply to achieve business goals.
- Coach work streams leaders / team members on project management best practices and tools.
- Lead an organization to help develop their respective parts of the program and to execute all activities related activities throughout the program life cycle.
- Ensures that the project is carried out in a safe manner, all safety rules are followed and safety issues are effectively escalated and resolved.
- Ensures that the project team remains compliant to the quality system
- Ensures that operating procedures are current and followed
- Ensures adherence to all business and quality policies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum B.Eng., B.Sc. or equivalent. ◦Graduate or higher-level Degree is preferred
- 10-15 years, direct experience in pharma/biotech manufacturing, and quality environments/organizations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated technical competencies in bio pharma or life science industry.
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Takes responsibility, drives results, and achieves expected outcomes
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Builds trustful and effective relationships
Sanofi Pasteur Canada embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday: 8:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.