The New Vision Family Health Team is a multi-disciplinary team located in the Waterloo Region providing primary care to 26,000 patients. Our team consists of fifteen family physicians, social workers, dietitians, respiratory therapists, nurse practitioners, a clinical pharmacist, specialist, enhanced nursing team and administrative team.
We offer a friendly, collaborative and professional environment in a spacious facility.
As an integral member of the Family Health Team, the Health Outcomes Assessor is responsible for supporting New Vision in their quality improvement planning, decision making and implementation activities. This includes reviewing data quality, supporting working groups in the implementation of data quality initiatives, improving the flow and use of information, developing queries and analytical products to support program working groups and New Vision’s Board of Directors in their quality improvement goals and clinical process change.
The Health Outcomes Assessor will extract health information from electronic medical records (EMRs) system. The incumbent is also expected to participate in broader data harmonization initiatives and champion the use of data and performance analytics within and cross Ontario’s Family Health Teams.
Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
- This position requires a 25-30 hour workweek (Monday to Thursday)
- Salary negotiable, however will be based on training and experience
- 2 weeks paid holiday
- 6 sick/personal paid days
Note: The above is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this role.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Support quality improvement decision support capacity building:
- Collaborate close with program leads and program working groups engaged in quality improvement to identify performance measurement information and data quality needs.
- Support management decision making by developing, generating, analyzing and interpreting extracted health information.
Improves data integrity and comparability:
- Assess the underlying causes of poor data quality and leads the identification and implementation of data quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensure high quality data is available for extraction as needed by developing and implementing systems to identify, track, correct and prevent errors.
- Design, test and deploy tools and processes for extracting and managing performance data.
Improves data access and use:
- Identify gaps in data availability, and define and implement solutions to close the gaps.
- Provide consultative and analytical support regarding the collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of data to program working groups to ensure that clinical information management and practices support best practice standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- A university or college degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and diagnosis in primary care.
- Strong applied knowledge of performance improvement techniques and practices uses in healthcare setting, process redesign and system implementation experience.
- Highly effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships. Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent assignments and to work independently.
- Proficiency in use of computer software, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including Macros).
- Previous experience using TELUS Practice Solutions Suite EMR an asset.
The New Vision Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987. New Vision Family Health Team is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise our Executive Director. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.