Destination Canada is looking for a Director of Business Development to join our Business Events Canada (BEC) team and take the lead on our vertical economic sectors strategy. The BEC team drives business travel to Canada every day through strategic sales and fostering relationships with tourism and private industry stakeholders.
In this role you will work with industry partners and Canadian embassies around the world to bring business events aligned with priority economic sectors to Canada. You will develop relationships with key players in these sectors and combine a well-developed knowledge of Canada’s economic geography with carefully researched target prospects to identify and provide strategic opportunities for Canadian destinations.
Always professional and effortlessly diplomatic, you are comfortable building connections with C-suite executives and senior government officials. Strongly technical, you employ the latest tools to execute smart targeting, connect the right people at the right time, and develop strategic and long-term business opportunities.
Language Requirements: The successful candidate must be fluent in French and English and have valid CBC Second Language Evaluation results from the Government of Canada or be tested and achieve CBC language level results before an appointment can be made.
Education: Post-secondary degree in business/commerce or politics.
Experience: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- 5+ years’ experience working with C-Suite executives.
- 5+ years’ experience working with Government Officials, Diplomatic staff, and Embassies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, account management and business development.
- Proven track record in diverse community networking and/or evidence of networking memberships/influencer activities is required.
- Good working knowledge of database management, software office applications, CRM technology as well as a strong willingness to learn and adapt to new software.
- Solid background in prospecting and research to identify business opportunities.
- Significant technical knowledge and experience in MS Office and social media.
For more details about what we need and how to apply, please visit our Careers section at https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/careers. The deadline for this competition is July 31, 2017. Please note in your application where you learned about this competition.