Build a career with one of BC’s Top Employers!
Forward-Thinking | Client-Focused | Empowerment | Responsibility
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
What makes BC housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We’re seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference with us; an exciting opportunity awaits!
Housing Access Manager
Job ID: 2508 - Excluded
Vancouver Island, BC
The Housing Access Manager is responsible for the implementation and ongoing oversight of the Coordinated Access and Assessment initiative within the region by providing collaborative leadership to multiple community partners and stakeholders in housing the homeless, the hard-to-house and those with multiple barriers in appropriate placements along the housing continuum. Provides leadership and advice as a resource for all partners involved in providing services and housing to a vulnerable population in multiple communities within the region.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Work or other relevant discipline, including university level courses in social service delivery, business/partnership development and community relations
- Considerable experience at the community level in building relationships and providing leadership to partners and stakeholders in housing the homeless or other diverse populations with complex social, health care and/or behavioural issues. Experience in leading the implementation of housing related programs, identifying training needs and providing oversight to regional and stakeholder resources supporting program operation/delivery.
- Vulnerable Assessment Tool training
- comprehensive knowledge of the different types of mental health and/or addiction housing models
- good knowledge of BC Housing’s programs and services relating to homelessness
- good knowledge of current social issues including homelessness, mental illness and drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing
- awareness of Housing First principles
- good knowledge of government and non-profit agencies in the communities served, and the role of community health resources and other social services
- ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with housing providers, service providers, sector organizations, community groups, and government agencies and provide leadership in the resolution of issues
- ability to effectively present program information, deliver training and provide consultation services and crisis intervention
- effective negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and consensus building skills
- effective planning, organizational and time management skills
- effective leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to independently plan, organize, and adapt to a changing workload
- ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- intermediate level skills with computer applications and software including MS Office applications and knowledge of complex database structures
- ability to travel and work periodic evenings; transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the position. For positions outside of the Lower Mainland, extensive travel required. Valid BC Driver’s License.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.