Build a career with one of BC’s Top Employers!
Forward-Thinking | Client-Focused | Empowerment | Responsibility
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
What makes BC housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We’re seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference; an exciting opportunity awaits!
Tenant Support Worker - Short-Term/Full-Time (Approximately 1 year)
Job ID: 2513
The Tenant Support Worker (TSW) is responsible for working with individuals to provide emotional support, develop skills and access resources to increase tenants’capacity to be successful and satisfied in the living, working, learning and/or social environments of their choice. The TSW provides these services directly, or facilitates and co-ordinates tenants’ access to services available on the site and in the community. The TSW focuses on strengths and capacities of individual tenants receiving services and supports.
This position establishes positive relationships with a diverse tenant population including people who are at risk of homelessness, fleeing abuse, or challenged with medical, mental health or addictions issues. The TSW helps tenants overcome the various challenges that arise when living in a social housing environment. The position facilitates the development of personal support networks by utilizing supports within communities, family members, peer support initiatives, and self-help groups.
Services provided include crisis intervention, providing information and assistance to meet obligations as tenants and facilitate access or follow through with available site and community resources. The Tenant Support Worker encourages the tenants’ use of available social, occupational, spiritual, financial, intellectual, residential, recreational and educational resources to meet their goals, ensuring services are culturally relevant to the individual tenant.
- Certificate in Community Social Service Worker Program, or Health Care Support Worker Program or Community Mental Health Worker or in a related discipline
- 2 years direct supportive counselling or educational experience with individuals or families with multiple barriers to successful housing
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
- a valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to apply a high degree of discretion in establishing supportive, trusting relationships with tenants while respecting the role and obligations of property management staff according to the Residential Tenancy Act
- A basic understanding of BC Housing and social housing programs, and their role in the social service system
- Knowledge of current social issues such as poverty, homelessness, mental illness, addictions, domestic violence, child protection, et cetera
- Awareness of Cultural Diversity
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, mediation and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to assist groups to develop and co-ordinate community activities and programs
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional, confidential relationships with multi-barriered people
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of community resources and methods of access
- Proven ability to work effectively across organizational departments and in a team and partnership context
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and applicable Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and software such as Microsoft Office
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.