The position responsibilities of the Director, Communications and Marketing include:
- Oversees delivery of annual communications and marketing plan, directing and/or monitoring all internal and external activities.
- Develops and maintains Indspire’s brand, including, delivery, standards and guidelines for internal and external activities.
- Manages and provides guidance to the application of standards and guidelines, in all of the organization’s materials and communications activities.
- Oversees the translation and production of materials in French.
- Develops and maintains marketing and communications policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Collects and compiles data regarding the effectiveness of marketing and communications activities and campaigns; develops and presents reports on marketing activities and results.
- Oversees the creation and delivery of communications for the Indspire Awards; directs external publicity providers, including photographers, advertising agencies; including media relations activities, production of materials to support the Indspire Awards, development/inclusion of sponsor-related messages, logos, and advertisements in collaboration with Development.
- Directs the coordination of recipients and others for media.
- Oversees the nominations and jury process for the Indspire Awards annually.
- Works with Indspire departments and provides strategic leadership and advice to the CEO, COO, management team and staff in all communications matters.
- Provides leadership in developing media strategy, maintains good working relationships with news media organizations, and acts as media spokesperson for the organization.
- Ensures that all communications from the organization are accurate and consistent.
- Responsible for all marketing and collateral materials and prepares feature articles for newspaper, radio, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Oversees the planning, organizing and coordination of special events, and assists in their promotion to target audiences.
- Supervises marketing and communications staff; manages consultants and subcontractors.
- Develops and manages marketing and communications budget.
- University degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, media or equivalent.
- Progressive experience with a minimum of seven years’ experience in marketing, communications and public relations.
- Knowledge of and experience in Indigenous communities strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging communications methods, including the effective use of social media.
- Staff supervision and consultant/subcontractor management experience required.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency with MS Office Suite, publishing, graphics and imaging applications.
- Strong research and marketing skills.
- Demonstrated capability to take initiative while working in a fast-paced environment of ongoing change and multiple priorities.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Team player that displays initiative.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Ability to work in Canada’s other official language is an asset.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends and be able to travel within Canada.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position and can be based either at Indspire’s office on Six Nations of the Grand River Territory or at Indspire’s office in Toronto. The salary range is competitive with a great benefit package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com or to inquire on a confidential basis, please call Donna Hall at 647-383-8792. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: July 20, 2017