Janitor - Skeena Terrace
Job ID: 2504
As a member of the property management team, the incumbent is responsible for performing cleaning duties within assigned buildings including vacant dwellings. The incumbent cleans floors, carpets (except on moveouts), walls, furniture, smoke alarms and dusts and sweeps areas; Moves Commission and tenant furniture effects within a development; Maintains cleanliness of assigned outside areas and picks up litter and removes garbage; Clears snow from doorways and walkways when required; Operates cleaning janitorial equipment and uses associated tools and cleaning materials; Mops, washes, waxes and polishes floors and vacuums carpets; Washes windows inside and performs external window washing using a tucker pole; Removes dry strippable wallpaper from portions of rooms, using steam stripper if required; Changes light bulbs in buildings and in unlit areas where no Caretaker is assigned or the Caretaker is off duty.
- Secondary school graduation preferably supplemented by a vocational school course in janitorial services AND
- A minimum of one year directly related janitorial experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of janitorial cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to operate various cleaning machinery, equipment & tools
- Good physical health and condition
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Sound knowledge of janitorial cleaning materials
- Good interpersonal skills
- A valid BC Driver’s License is required
NOTE: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.