Priority Placement Coordinator
Short-term/Full-time (Approximately one year)
Job ID: 2490
The Priority Placement Coordinator (PPC) provides assistance for women, in order to enable them to maintain stable and affordable housing for themselves and their dependent children, within BC Housing’s Priority Placement Program.
The Priority Placement Coordinator’s role is to assess the eligibility of the referrals for placement within the program, provide crisis intervention and supportive counselling, and work in consultation with BC Housing staff and tenants as required.
- Bachelor degree in psychology, counselling, social work, adult education or other social science or advanced diploma in relevant field (e.g. occupational therapy, therapeutic recreation therapy, psychology.
- Desirable qualifications include a certificate: in Conflict Resolution, Children Who Witness Abuse and Stopping the Violence counselling
- Minimum 4 years progressively more complex and responsible work experienceworking within the community with women and children suffering from abuse and having experienced violence
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience working with agencies in the broader community to develop partnerships which provide a range of services and supports to vulnerable citizens and respond to community needs.
- Experience in developing and managing project plans that support objectives of business goals.
- Experience in research, statistics and interpreting and applying policies, procedures, legislation, regulations, and operating agreements. Experience with developing materials and delivering presentations, training, and workshops.
- Demonstrated experience in mediation, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Financial management experience; experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
Or equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of power imbalances in our society that lead to women and children being exposed to abuse or violence;
- Knowledge of the principles of counselling;
- Knowledge of the effect and dynamics of abuse or domestic violence;
- Knowledge of the links between trauma, substance use and mental health
- Knowledge of Housing Programs and Eligibility requirements
- Knowledge of affordable housing policies, programs and planning practices.
- Knowledge of community development and housing management practices
- Knowledge of budgeting principles.
- General knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide.
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and tenancy issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the non-profit and co-operative housing sector.
- Proficiency in all current MS Office Products
- Ability to initiate new programs, work independently, manage programs and make decisions.
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills.
- must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be able to travel extensively outside of the Lower Mainland
- Must have valid BC Driver’s License and have a reliable vehicle available at all times
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.