Job ID: 2495
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Responsible for implementing a wide range of real estate related services including: real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, property management, real estate administration, real estate development, research, analysis and advice.
- University degree in real estate management, development, valuation or financing, business administration, project management, land use planning, or a related field
- Eligibility for certification as an Accredited Appraiser, Canadian Institute (AACI) or Certified Residential Appraiser, Real Estate Institute of British Columbia (RIBC) or equivalent designation.
- Minimum 6 years experience relating to the transacting, development, evaluation, or management of real estate. Extensive experience negotiating complex issues through creativity, influence and persuasion.
- OR An equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge of real estate appraisal methodology, real estate administration, real estate development, property management, risk management and construction.
- Extensive knowledge of real property law in a British Columbia context
- Knowledge of the law and government policies regarding the duty to consult and accommodate First Nations when considering the disposition of real estate assets.
- Knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s programs, development, financial and lending policies, specifically relating to the development and administration of real estate
- Knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development, financial management, scheduling, quality assurance and project team coordination
- Ability to coordinate planning, construction and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and business acumen
- Ability to develop, influence and manage collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders/ partners
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on property and development matters
- Ability to prepare, review and revise legal contracts
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines
- Effective negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Effective interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder objectives and opinions
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of current business applications, particularly spreadsheet and project management software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to travel
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.