Customer Service Representative
Job ID: 2494
Short Term/Full Time
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Customer Service Representative provides professional level customer service in responding to phone calls, emails and in-person requests; explains the Homeowner Protection Act and related regulations; and provides information regarding departmental policies and processes. In addition, the incumbent performs administrative and clerical functions to support Licensing & Consumer Services (formerly HPO) operations.
- High school graduation
- Completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution
- A minimum of two years related office experience in a highly computerized environment
- Experience working with the public
- Experience providing basic bookkeeping or accounting functions
- Experience working with a variety of software programs
- Data Entry experience;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good understanding of the legislation, processes and procedures associated with licensing, license and renewal applications, amendments to licenses, new home registrations, owner builder authorizations, requests to sell, and reviews and appeals
- Good working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word and Outlook and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease; ability to use the internet to locate relevant information/data
- Good knowledge of government Records Classification System
- Ability to apply legislation, regulations and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with solid command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills, with the ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality protocols.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to work independently, and also work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.