CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
If you are a curious person with a strong passion for what you do and you actively seek new ways to do things and grow, this is the place for you!
Bring your analytical skills and your strategic workforce planning expertise to this position in Ottawa.
As a member of the People Analytics and Workforce Planning team, you will work in a dynamic and challenging environment, where you will play an integral role in building and maintaining the Workforce Planning framework and implementing necessary tools to meet the demands of Human Capital at CMHC.
You will develop a comprehensive work structure that permits to assess both qualitatively and quantitatively the demand and supply of talent, and apply business process re-engineering principles to provide data analysis on workforce statistics, elaborate workforce plans and align talent capabilities with strategic priorities.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Leading the design and implementation of effective workforce planning framework, strategies and providing advice to senior management on workforce planning to ensure CMHC’s talent need is available to meet organizational objectives.
- Recommending HR strategies to address potential problem areas or to take advantage of strategic opportunities in concert with corporate priorities.
- Leading the research and analysis related to workforce trends and working with HR to influence the required enhancements to HR programs such as talent acquisition and succession planning.
- Providing substantive inputs in the development of strategies, policies, and systems that will enhance gender balance and diverse workforce.
- Developing workforce scenario recommendations, based on realistic assumptions for attrition, recruitment, and turnover, to meet annual and longer term organizational requirements.
- Analyzing reports and advising on constraints and opportunities for recruitment, staff development, retention, and staff turnover.
- Planning and implementing short, medium and long term workforce planning based on strategic and sector staffing requirements accounting for key demographic and competency data and for Sector / Corporate inputs.
- Designing systems, processes, tools, and instruments for workforce planning, focusing on simplification and automation.
- Identifying opportunities to improve, as required, the use of the ERP (Success Factors) by suggesting enhancements of the system's functionality and improving the data quality.
- Identifying and developing HR metrics, aligned with organizational needs and goals and supports the integration of these into the HR dashboard.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- University Degree with a specialization in business administration, economics or finance combined with 5 years of business analytics, data mining OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills and superior problem-solving capabilities.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, performance measurement, analysis and trends. Experience in business workforce planning is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to understand issues at a detail level and forecast impacts of change.
- Expertise in the standard Microsoft suite (excel / access), SAS, and other tools such as open source tools (e.g. R Studio, R Revolution), and data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Power Bi).
- Technical and functional knowledge with data management in ERP systems.
- Strong communication and influencing skills (written and oral), including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to communicate messages that have the desired effect.
- Ability to cope with change and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- HR data management experience and/ or an advanced degree in HR will be considered as an asset.
- Having a broad knowledge and understanding of Human Resources Management policies, practices, theories, concepts, and systems will be an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Teamwork/ Decisiveness / Communication (presenting and influencing)/ Relationship Building
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- Career Growth Opportunities
Please visit our website at www.cmhc.ca/career to apply online for this employment opportunity (Competition No. 6844).
The deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 pm ET on June 18, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.