DAS Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 2480
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The DAS Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing a variety of program and project administration and administrative services to a team within the Development and Asset Strategies Branch. Incumbents are required to perform the majority or all of the following functions dependent on the needs of the individual teams. The programs and projects delivered by the Branch are complex, multi-dimensional and involve numerous stakeholders, requiring considerable judgment and initiative on the part of the incumbents to effectively coordinate all administrative aspects of assigned projects to successful conclusion.
- Secondary school graduation plus substantial completion of a college diploma in business or program administration.
- Courses relating to program/project, contract and accounting administration
- Courses relating to the housing/construction/development industry would be an asset
- Courses relating to construction mortgage financing, contract law, real estate law and business communication would be an asset
- Minimum of four years progressive and directly related experience in a comparable and highly computerized environment;
- Experience in housing/construction/development industry;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- In-depth practical knowledge of program/project, accounting, and contract administration, including invitational and public procurement and tendering practices.
- Good knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and excellent attention to detail.
- In depth practical knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet, database and other relevant applications
- Some knowledge of construction processes, cash flow, budgeting and scheduling.
- Ability to read and review tender documents, change orders and other contract documentation
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills; ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems.
- Strong initiative and follow through skills
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences.
- Proficiency in the use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.