Housing & Health Services Team Assistant
Job ID: 2479
The Team Assistant provides contract and administrative services and support for a variety of programs delivered by the Housing and Health Services department.
High school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration
Minimum of 3 years progressive, directly related experience in a comparable and highly computerized environment, including sound experience in program and contract administration
Or a suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge of the rules, practices and processes of program and office administration
- Good knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide
- Good knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft programs
- Some knowledge of database administration
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through skills
- Ability to work under direction of several people, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to coordinate longer-term assignments and projects involving extensive consultation with staff and external groups;
- Ability to exercise maturity and good judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with a solid command of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, with good conflict resolution skills, and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a broad range of housing providers, partners and customers, including individuals of diverse education, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.