Discover what’s possible.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards — applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable, and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Maintenance Planner/Supervisor, Edmonton, AB
As a Maintenance Planner/Supervisor at the Strathcona Refinery in Edmonton, AB, you will be required to fill Planning and/or Field Supervision roles throughout your career. In either position, you will act as a leader in the Strathcona Refinery’s behavior-based loss prevention system and enforce safe work practices for all assigned personnel (employees and contractors). As a planner, you will be responsible for the development and scheduling of safe and effective job plans for execution. As a field supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision of craft labour in the execution of repair and/or improvement work at the Strathcona Refinery.
The successful applicant will possess a combination of the following:
- Minimum 8 years of plant experience in planning or supervision
- Experience in usage of a behavior-based safety system
- Experience in routine maintenance will be considered a high-value asset, as would experience with turnarounds
- Experience with SAP and/or Primavera
- Experience in fixed equipment root cause failure analysis and troubleshooting to generate repair recommendations
- Highly self-motivated and able to able to identify and self-resolve issues independently with little supervision
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Must possess industry applicable Interprovincial Journeyperson trade ticket; preference will be given to pipefitter, welder, boilermaker, and millwright tickets
- High school diploma or equivalent
Please submit your resume by June 11, 2017.
Successful applicants must:
- Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
- Participate in pre-employment background screening
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company, and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil