Destination Canada (DC) has an exciting opportunity for a proven communications professional to manage a dynamic team in leading our corporate and internal communications and stakeholder engagement. Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy & Stakeholder Relations the Director, Corporate Relations & Stakeholder Outreach, is responsible for maintaining strong, effective and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders including DC staff, government offices and tourism industry partners.
In addition, you will disseminate information, oversee executive communications, and coordinate new initiatives; throughout all this, you’ll offer strategic counsel and insights across the organization. You’re a seasoned leader and effective manager who is experienced in developing corporate frameworks, strategies and tactics that support business objectives.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Communications, Social Sciences, or Business Administration or a suitable combination of education and work experience.
Bilingual imperative: CBC
(The successful candidate(s) must have valid SLE results or be tested and achieve this advanced level language result)
Experience: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- Minimum ten years of communications experience
- Minimum of three years of experience managing integrated teams and projects for stakeholders and/or government.
- Communications experience in the public sector or in a federally regulated organization (eg. financial institutions, aviation, telecommunications industry) is an asset
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies, policies and plans.
- Experience in developing and pro-actively managing partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Experience writing briefs and/or presentation decks adapted for strategic messaging to target audiences.
- Experience in production of communication material in a bilingual environment where planning must take into account translation.
- Experience in interacting with the media or in a public-facing role would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Destination Canada’s mandate, activities, and communications policies.
- Knowledge of Canada’s tourism industry, especially key stakeholders for Destination Canada.
- Knowledge of best practices relating to communications with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the federal government decision-making process and its priorities.
- Knowledge of financial budget and human resources management.
- Excellent written communication skills for both conceptual and detailed material.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for liaising with the media, conveying complex information and providing recommendations to executive management on communications issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to develop strategies and direct their implementation.
- Ability to develop and proactively manage complex domestic partnerships.
- Ability to convert strategic objectives into action plans, articulate strategies and garner support.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High level of motivation and the ability to think creatively.
- Adaptability, discretion, tact and good judgment coupled with the ability to prioritize.
- Bilingual imperative CBC
For more details about what we need and how to apply, please visit our Careers section at https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/careers. The deadline for this competition is June 4, 2017. Please note in your application where you learned about this competition.