Data feeds business decisions. What data is the most integral? What should be analyzed? How can this information drive important business decisions?
At CWB Financial Group, we want the right data to propel us forward. This is an opportunity to become part of our growing BI Analysis team. You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and unit testing of data outputs and business solutions. This means hands on in the development of reports, data extracts, data aggregation routines. All data outputs leverage the Enterprise Data Warehouse. You will support business critical data outputs, including involvement in Incident Management, which involves error investigation, analysis and correction.
You will handle…
- Working independently to develop and maintain business critical reports, extracts and data related activities.
- Delivering accurate business/mission critical information to all levels of staff in CWB
- Leveraging data assets within Enterprise Data Warehouse & Data Marts
- Utilizing functional and business requirements to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. Will require interaction with business participants for analysis.
- Following the prescribed SDLC, Change Management and documentation standard best practice processes.
- Using your Tier 2 user support knowledge for complex software and data incidents.
- Assisting in projects as outlined by the Manager, Information Management or AVP Information Management.
- As part of the closure on tasks assigned evaluate, recommend, and support the implementation of future improvements to better the Development Stream quality.
Working with CWB means you will…
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accept responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Make decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement
- Prepare and regularly review annual goals and career development plan with manager/supervisor
- Promote cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling productive group interactions.
- Degree or post-secondary education in Computing Science/Information Technology
- 3 - 5 years of work experience and related study.
- Familiarity and working knowledge and experience in:
- Data Warehousing Methodologies, SQL, SSRS, SSIS, XML, Windows, MSOffice (Word, Excel), Visio, Microsoft .Net, Microsoft Team Foundation
- Experience in BI and DW design & architecture
- Comprehensive knowledge of testing methods.
- Knowledge of Web based development architectures, tools and techniques
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong focus on customer service
- Work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Technical writing ability.
- Ability to work independently on tasks and delegate tasks as appropriate.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit