Discover what’s possible.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards — applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable, and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Process Technician, Edmonton, AB
As a Process Technician at the Strathcona Refinery in Edmonton, AB, initially you will train as a member of our operating staff to gain practical hands-on experience with plant operating procedures and associated safety procedures. You will apply your skills in either a business unit consisting of fractionation and distillation systems, hydrocarbon conversion processes, or a business unit focused on oil movement, storage, and product blending. With a primary focus on the safe and efficient operation of refinery equipment, you will monitor equipment operation and process variables to identify and correct sub-optimal performance and conduct minor maintenance as needed. You will be responsible for ensuring that established loss control and environmental standards are consistently met, and will identify potential areas for improvement to streamline unit monitoring processes. On-the-job experience will be supplemented with additional related formal training. You will work in a refinery environment and will be required to work on your own following the initial training period and competency checkouts being completed.
The successful applicant will possess a combination of the following:
- Five years of experience in petrochemical industry
- Strong safety and work ethic, sound reasoning ability, good communication and interpersonal skills, high level of self-initiative, comfortable working within a team environment
- Basic computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to build good, respectful working relationships in a team environment
- Flexible to work a twelve-hour rotating shift schedule involving inside and outside work
- Valid Alberta graduated Class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Surveillance of equipment such as heat exchangers, reboilers, fractionation towers, furnaces, compressors, pumps, treaters, generators, hot lime softeners, filters, etc.
- Safely performing physical tasks at times, e.g., lifting, climbing ladders/towers/tanks
- Performing and maintaining a high standard of plant housekeeping
- Diploma in chemical, power engineering technology, or equivalent work experience in the petrochemical industry, including positions in field duties, unit monitoring, sampling, equipment care, and equipment preparation for maintenance and console operations
- High school diploma or equivalent
Please submit your resume by May, 29 2017.
Successful applicants must:
- Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
- Participate in pre-employment background screening
- Required to become a member of the Unifor, Local 21-A
- A component of training will take place in the U.S. Successful applicants must be able to travel and ensure they have a valid passport prior to training.
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil