Short Term/Full Time (Upto 30 months)
Job ID: 2445
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Under the immediate supervision of the Supervisor - Mortgage Administration, the incumbents are responsible for the mortgage portfolio of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) devolved projects, including the non-profit projects and projects under the Rural Native Homeownership (RNH) program. The work involves the delivery of mortgage administration functions, including obtaining property tax payment and operating insurance confirmation from the non-profit societies; coordinating with the societies, CMHC, All Nations Trust Company (ANTCO), Aboriginal Housing Management Association (AHMA) on mortgage renewals, maturity, early prepayment and discharges; processing property tax payment; reconciliation of Schedule K payments and receipts; preparing mortgage security packages, providing mortgage and trust confirmation for auditing purposes; and communicating and exchanging information with internal departments and external stakeholders. The incumbents also provide administrative and financial assistance for the department on an as required basis.
High School graduation plus successful completion of formal financial and/or administration programs or courses.
Formal training in MS Word and Excel. Training in a project management / project administration tool is an asset.
Four years experience in a lending environment.
A suitable combination of experience, training and education acceptable to the employer may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- General knowledge of lending documents good attention to detail and proficiency with figures
- General knowledge of business practices
- Good investigative and problem solving abilities
- Project administration/tracking skills
- Well developed verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to handle large volumes of work with the requirement to meet multiple tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure and to plan ahead for critical dates
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in various software such as : Word, Excel; BC OnLine
- Accurate data entry ability
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.