Hobart is the leading supplier of equipment, systems and service in the food industry. Hobart offers the broadest line of equipment including cooking, food preparation, refrigeration, bakery systems, warewashing and waste systems, and weighing, wrapping and labeling systems. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with branch offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Ontario, Edmonton, Alberta, and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company employs more than 200 people. Included in this number are over 100 service technicians providing nationwide service, effectively making Hobart Canada the industry’s largest service organization.
Reporting to the Regional Service Manager, you will be responsible for managing the daily operation of a team of service technicians in a specific region. You will market our services to our existing customers, grow our customer base and increase the scope of services we provide to them.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee execution of day-to-day activities of Technicians
- Performance management, completion of annual reviews & Technician Key Performance Indicator’s
- Coach and support technicians – ride alongs, etc.
- Create and manage individual development and training plans for each technician – including online training, service schools
- Ensure proper adherence to process and procedures
- Service Connect Mobile (SCM), Technical Information System (TIS), Inventory Management, Customer Procedures, Safety, Tools etc.
- Monitor and ensure that Safety is top of mind
- PPE use and resupply, work practices, what if drills, etc
- Coach and mentor how to sell service agreements, preventive maintenance agreement, water treatment systems
- Organize and deliver local Service meetings
- Create and manage the technician work schedules – on duty, on call, vacation etc.
- Arrange Technician Travel for remote jobs, Troy Service School, advances, etc.
- Effective communication and coordination with dispatch
- Monitoring the backlog of open and aged calls
- Establishing call and routing priorities
- Coordinate the scheduling of inspections, preventive maintenance, and installations
- Prepare quotations and Service repair estimates
- Generation of new business – from both existing and new customers
- Report on selling activities and follow through on action plans
- Project management for installs, demo’s etc.
- Follow up for delinquent accounts receivable
- Handle customer complaints, issues arising from the Tech/Customer contract, invoices etc.
- Own the Business
- Deliver revenue, operating income, and operational targets
- Regular review of income statement – Identify and action the key Operating Income drivers
- Profitability reports, revenue per tech, region & technician Key Performance Indicator’s
- Follow through on sales leads, revenue opportunities, service agreement leads
- Maintain relationship with local sales, National Account Manager, and dealers for Life
- College or high school diploma, preferred Technical diploma/Trade license or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated proficiency in a management role in a service related business
- Strong Technical/Mechanical experience knowledge
- Experience dealing directly with customers
- Supervisory experience/direct staff management
- Computer proficiency
- Basic understanding of Financials and Profit & Loss Statements
- Ability to travel for Business
We value diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.