Teach For Canada is looking for a dynamic, hard-working, team-oriented Community Engagement Manager who will support our community engagement efforts and strengthen our existing presence in First Nations in northern Ontario.
Job term: Full-time, permanent
Start date: June 2017 (negotiable)
Location: Toronto, Ontario with travel to northern First Nations
Closing date: Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
Application method: Cover letter and resume at www.teachforcanada.ca/careers
The Community Engagement Manager will report to the Director of Community Engagement and will support our community engagement. Specific responsibilities include:
- Engage with First Nations in northern Ontario by visiting communities and building relationships with community leadership and education leadership
- Support the planning of the community Advisory Council meetings twice per year to foster continued dialogue and advice from community partners to Teach For Canada
- Draft and deliver a quarterly update to promote communication with the 16-18 Advisory Council representatives
- Raise awareness about Teach For Canada and support relationship building with peer organizations, tribal councils, PTOs, and other organizations across Ontario, including attending northern education conferences
- Provide internal support for the community-based element of all of Teach For Canada’s departments and support internal engagements such as monthly lunch and learns
- Co-develop an annual calendar contest that will including visiting communities to promote the contest, organizing the selection of student submissions, and overseeing the printing and delivery of the calendar
- Assist with ongoing data management in the Community Engagement department
- Support the Community Engagement department’s weekly, quarterly, and annual planning and review processes to reach and improve on the department’s goals
- You are a relationship-builder. You build relationships with ease, you love collaborating with others, and you are a natural storyteller.
- You are resilient and able to travel. You excel in the face of ambiguity and enjoy the idea of spending time on the road in First Nations in northern Ontario.
- You are highly organized. You love getting the details just right and enjoy managing projects and coordinating their implementation.
- You see the bigger picture. You have a deep knowledge of and respect for the histories, cultures, and autonomy of Indigenous communities. Experience in northern First Nations is an asset.
Please upload a resume and cover letter, including initial thoughts on how to approach your role, at www.teachforcanada.ca/careers by Wednesday, April 26th, 2017.
As an organization that works with Indigenous communities, we value Indigenous perspectives in the workplace and encourage Indigenous candidates to apply. We will be prioritizing Indigenous candidates for the Community Engagement Manager role.