Teach For Canada is looking for a dynamic, experienced professional to hold an internal leadership role focusing on finance, operations, hiring, and HR.
Job term: Full-time, permanent
Start date: June 2017 (negotiable)
Location: Toronto, Ontario with occasional travel
Closing date: Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
Application method: Cover letter and resume at www.teachforcanada.ca/careers
Requirements: 4+ years of professional experience in an office workplace environment
The Director of Team and Operations will report to the Executive Director and will lead all of our internal operations including finance, operations, hiring, HR, professional development, and other internal systems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead our financial management including budgeting, monthly finance tracking, running payroll, and the annual charitable audit, and serve as one of two signing officers
- Lead our team hiring including running the process to recruit, interview, and select all employees and contractors
- Run our internal learning and development program including onboarding and ongoing professional development for all staff
- Build a strong sense of workplace community through planning ongoing social events, holiday parties, an annual offsite retreat, and other team functions.
- Serve as the internal operations lead by running weekly goal-setting meetings, bi-weekly feedback surveys, quarterly review meetings, and annual strategic planning and be responsible for general office management
- Manage our HR policies, procedures, and practices
- Manage relationships with professional service providers
- Manage our part-time Finance Associate who performs bookkeeping/accounting tasks
- Build and manage relationships with peer organizations
- You are a builder. You are a multi-talented go-getter who has an unbridled ambition to build things: workplace community, financial systems, team best practices, and more.
- You are an analytical, numerical thinker. You like creating spreadsheets, enjoy reading financials, and love analyzing data. Experience in a business setting is an asset.
- You are an internal workplace ambassador. You know how to build and maintain a happy, healthy workplace community.
- You are unflappable and patient. It’s rare to see you flustered. You excel in the face of ambiguity. People management and HR experience is an asset.
- You see the bigger picture. You have a deep appreciation and respect for the history, culture, and autonomy of Indigenous communities in Canada.
Please upload a resume and cover letter, including initial thoughts on how to approach your role, at www.teachforcanada.ca/careers by Wednesday, April 26th, 2017.
Teach For Canada is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works with Indigenous communities, we value Indigenous perspectives in the workplace and encourage Indigenous candidates to apply.