Property Portfolio Assistant
Short Term-Full Time
Job ID: 2440
Vancouver (Metro Vancouver), BC
Under general supervision, the Property Portfolio Assistant reports to a Property Portfolio Manager in the Regional Office which is responsible for all business conducted regarding tenants and housing stock within the Regional boundaries. The duties of the Property Portfolio Assistant include the initial set-up of tenant records with accurately documented rents, subsidies, services and the ongoing maintenance of the files using established protocols and BC Housing’s systems and databases. Working collaboratively in a team setting the Property Portfolio Assistant provides direct support to tenants and Property Portfolio Managers (PPMs) regarding all associated programs, products and services including rent calculations, annual reviews, the scheduling and maintenance processes of housing stock and other services. While reviewing and monitoring tenant and housing records, the Property Portfolio Assistant analyzes and interprets information to ensure accuracy and initiates corrective action when necessary. As required the Property Portfolio Assistant will complete the tenancy interview and sign-up in the absence or in conjunction with the Property Portfolio Manager. Property Portfolio Assistants perform both the major and support responsibilities outlined below.
The Property Portfolio Assistant is required to work on site as well as in an office environment.
High school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration
Minimum three years related progressively more responsible experience in a comparable environment
Experience in management of residential properties, an asset
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of software systems:
o Proficiency with Word 2007 with higher intermediate to advanced functions
o Good knowledge of Outlook 2007
o Experience with using spreadsheets, especially Excel 2007
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent knowledge of office systems and operating procedures and systems
- Keyboarding skills – 50 wpm
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
- Ability to investigate and solve problems creatively and within established regulations
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Proven ability to organize multiple responsibilities simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timely completion of each
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning computer applications quickly
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and priorities and to maintain multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Non-Profit Societies
- Familiarity with applicable legislation (Residential Tenancy Act, etc)
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
**An Eligibility List may be Established**
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.