Housing & Health Coordinator
Job ID: 2433
Vancouver Island (Victoria), BC
Under the direction of a Regional Director or a Housing & Health Services Manager the incumbent is responsible for implementing the goals of BC Housing, Housing & Health Services. Duties include providing assessment and consultative services for applicants and tenants with complex social and health care needs and/or behavioural problems; providing training programs and critical event stress management defusing services; and liaising with regional and community health authorities, non-profit housing societies and co-operative housing groups.
Masters or Bachelor in Social Work or
Eligible to practice nursing in the Province of British Columbia Or
Degree in relevant field such as occupational therapy, psychosocial rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation, psychology)
Note: Classification level is determined by professional qualifications and experience of incumbent
Minimum four or five years experience working with persons with psychiatric disorders and complex social and/or health care needs and/or behavioural issues preferably in a community setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop positive working relationships with other agencies and service providers
- good knowledge of signs and symptoms of common medical conditions
- good working knowledge of medications usually prescribed for common medical conditions
- good knowledge of the signs and symptoms of common psychiatric disorders
- good working knowledge of the use of psychotropic medications including contraindications, precautions, adverse effects and usual dosage and route of administration.
- good knowledge of non pharmaceutical treatment options for the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- good knowledge of substance abuse and the different types of treatment programs for substance abuse
- excellent assessment and problem solving skills
- ability to provide consultation services, crisis intervention and initiate/coordinate referrals to external agencies for services
- broad knowledge of the role of community health resources and other social services
- excellent knowledge and skills in psychosocial rehabilitation principles
- comprehensive knowledge of the different types of mental health and/or addiction housing models
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- demonstrated ability to prepare assessment and consultation reports within established time frames
- demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize, and adapt to a changing workload
- demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities
- sound knowledge and experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- experience working with a diverse population i.e. homeless population
- preferably experience in delivering training programs
- preferably experienced in providing critical event stress management defusing services to individuals following a traumatic event
- preferably proficiency in all current MS Office Products and other computer applications
- requires travel and to work periodic evenings; transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the position. For positions outside of the Lower Mainland, extensive travel required.
- valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.