Are you interested in contributing to the advancement of the Province's relationship with Indigenous peoples in Ontario and the resolution of outstanding land claims?
If so, this position in the Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation will provide you with an exciting opportunity to enhance Ontario's land claim process, advance current land claims in progress and lead time-sensitive corporate work.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• support and conduct land claim negotiations and develop claims policy options
• lead process reform, design and implement public and stakeholder engagement initiatives
• work horizontally with line ministry partners and other jurisdictions
• assist in public consultation and communications initiatives
• assist in monitoring and evaluating the implementation of negotiated agreements
How do I qualify?
• You have the ability to travel to locations in Ontario not accessible by public transportation.
Communication, negotiation and consensus-building skills:
• You have proven written and verbal communication skills to prepare a variety of correspondence and deliver presentations to various audiences.
• You have experience negotiating with government and Indigenous representatives.
• You have demonstrated the ability to develop and maintain relationships and work collaboratively with all stakeholders in obtaining information, building consensus and resolving issues.
Project management skills:
• You have project management skills to ensure work is delivered in a timely manner and consistent with established objectives and policies.
• You can assess the positions of negotiating parties.
• You can develop negotiation strategies based on developed objectives.
• You can assess settlement values, offers and other factors to develop recommendations for approval.
• You have knowledge of current legal, social and economic issues affecting land claim and self-government negotiations.
• You have knowledge of the history of Indigenous peoples in Canada.
Salary Range: $63,544 - $91,564 per year
- 1 Permanent, 160 Bloor St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with the possibility of extension), 160 Bloor St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, April 18, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106390 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.