Post Office Assistant
Work in retail mail operations … in Iqaluit, NU
This is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, and the great jobs available at Canada Post. These temporary on-call and permanent part-time positions offer competitive pay and on-the-job training to get you up to speed.
Using a customer-focused approach in providing counter services to customers, you will:
- sell postal products and services to the business community and the public
- sort, distribute and process mail
- provide information and forms to customers
- resolve delivery and service problems thoroughly and quickly
Ready to explore your career potential? Canada Post has one (1) temporary on-call position (with potential for permanent employment) and one (1) permanent part-time position for Post Office Assistants in Iqaluit, Nunavut.
Job requirements (education and work experience):
- high school diploma or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
- training and/or experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- understanding of accounting systems
- ability to lift mail containers weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb), and stand for extended periods of time
- proficiency in English
- the temporary role also requires flexibility to be available for temporary, on-call work
Note: As part of the selection process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a security screening process.
To apply for these positions via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URLs below:
Temporary on-call position (J1216-0317): http://bit.ly/2iHVirY
Permanent part-time position (J0317-2457): http://bit.ly/2o2QpN0
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Des renseignements en français sur le poste temporaire sur appel (J1216-0317) et sur le poste permanent à temps partiel (J0317-2457) sont disponibles en ligne à postescanada.ca/carrieres.