Coordinator, Corporate Reception Services
Job ID: 2421
Reporting to the Manager Business Support Services, the Coordinator - Corporate Reception Services is responsible for providing professional front-line reception and customer service for the Home Office. The incumbent ensures all callers and visitors receive a positive first impression of BC Housing and are treated with respect and discretion. The position receives important calls for the Chief Executive Officer and members of the executive, including calls from Board members, the Minister, Deputy Minister and MLAs, and takes detailed and confidential messages, ensuring a seamless transition when executive assistants are unavailable.
The position performs a variety of administrative duties, maintains databases and records, and ensures positive relationships with the executive and staff, members of the Board, senior government officials, and clients, vendors and suppliers. The incumbent trains relief Receptionists and monitors their work while on reception.
You bring to the role:
- High school graduation and additional courses in office administration and communication, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sound working experience in providing professional corporate reception services, preferably several years, including considerable experience operating
- Sound working knowledge of the policies, practices and processes associated with the provision of reception services
- Sound working knowledge of switchboard equipment, preferably VoIP
- Considerable knowledge of the organization’s mandate, structure, policies and programs, and general knowledge of the mandate and programs of the Ministry and other relevant public and private sector organizations
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling and punctuation, and ability to speak in a clear and professional manner
- Ability to constantly convey a positive image of the organization and effectively and efficiently respond to telephone calls, in-person visitors and staff enquiries, often all at the same time
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with the CEO, executive and staff of the Commission, members of the Board, and the Minister, Deputy Minister and MLAs
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to deal in a positive way with conflict and confrontational situations using judgment, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to deal effectively with all kinds of situations, including emergencies, with maturity and self confidence
- Effective organizational and time management skills, and ability to multitask and work to multiple and ever-changing priorities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, good word processing skills and aptitude for quickly learning computer applications
- Good arithmetic aptitude and ability to keep detailed and accurate records
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.