Do you thrive in fast-paced environment, have strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills? If so, consider this exciting opportunity with the Indigenous Education Office at the Ministry of Education where you will meaningfully contribute to Indigenous Education across Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• conduct research, socio-economic and demographic analyses, environmental scanning, issues analyses and needs assessments
• evaluate policies, strategies and programs
• provide research findings and policy options
• administer funding programs
• interpret guidelines and assess funding eligibility
• liaise with stakeholders and other jurisdictions
• prepare policy papers and briefing notes
How do I qualify?
Knowledge and skill in policy and program development:
• knowledge of policy and program development, analysis methodologies and techniques
• analytical, research and issues identification and impact assessment skills
Knowledge of Indigenous education:
• knowledge of Indigenous education needs and issues in Ontario, including the impact of socio-cultural, economic and demographic factors on Indigenous education
• ability to interpret relevant education legislation and regulations to develop and evaluate programs and policies
• demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• stakeholder relationship management and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of funding administration:
• demonstrated knowledge of funding administration to assess funding eligibility and administer transfer payment programs
Salary Range: $59,655 - $83,402 per year
- 1 Permanent, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Monday, March 27, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 105037 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.