Job ID: 2411
The Documentation Clerk / Contracts Administrator is responsible for processing procurement and contracts documentation and providing support to LMDM Contracts Manager with procurement and contracts tasks. The position performs procurement and contracts activities such as releasing tenders, administration of contracts, vendor review and spot audits under the guidance of the Contracts Manager.
Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office, business, purchasing, contracts administration from a recognized educational institution.
Ideal purchasing experience background and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience suitable to the employer.
Certificate in Purchasing Course is ideal to have
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration
- Sound practical knowledge of Windows based programs including Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of BC Housing’s customized JDE1 application preferred
- Basic knowledge of procurement and contracts management is ideal
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a variety of clients, including those of diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds and those with difficult behavioural issues
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.