Reporting to the Senior Manger, Toronto Enterprise Fund, the Manager, Toronto Enterprise Fund is responsible for building and maintaining supportive relationships with social enterprises receiving funds from the Toronto Enterprise Fund (TEF), those seeking funds from TEF for the development or expansion of their social enterprise, and TEF’s stakeholders, such as funding partners, government contacts, and sector-building collaborators.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING (MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Support the expansion and diversification of TEF’s portfolio through the implementation of a business development process to increase capacity and support planning for new social enterprises; develop and implement outreach strategies to target enterprise development in communities not yet served and/or that respond to current research and/or labour market shortages; liaise with United Way’s Neighbourhoods Team on strategies in the priority neighbourhoods
- Provide ongoing support to social enterprises funded by TEF; facilitate capacity assessment and identify organizational, governance, financial, program delivery supports or performance issues with social enterprises and assist in developing plans for improvement or resolution; offer learning opportunities, and facilitate information sharing
- Manage the delivery of a loan/grant program in collaboration with a credit union to increase the capacity of existing social enterprises to use debt to expand their operations and to raise understanding of non-profit social enterprise among the credit union’s loan officers; help design and disseminate outreach materials, learning events, applications, review and approval processes; establish tracking, monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
- Manage the funding review process for social enterprises, including assessment of detailed applications and financial statements, and preparation of funding recommendations and reports; recruit, support and empower volunteers and community representatives to assist in the funding review process
- Raise awareness of social enterprise as a strategy for creating meaningful employment to people who are socially marginalized by designing and delivering introductory sessions; developing online materials; responding to requests for information; and making public presentations
- Manage contractors, consultants and coaches working with TEF to deliver workshops and/or assist nonprofit organizations plan the start-up of a new enterprise
- Engage, convene and facilitate meetings with diverse community populations and stakeholders; build partnerships and work with collaborative groups, networks and other intermediaries on community challenges
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS):
- More than 3 years experience in social enterprise development and/or community economic development, preferably in grant making and/or lending
- Post-secondary education in business management, social services, or policy and research or equivalent work-related experience
- Thorough understanding of grant-making and micro-lending processes and ability to analyze financial data
- Entrepreneurial spirit and knowledge of business development
- Proven project management skills, with ability to coordinate and modify projects, and occasionally working with a group of outside volunteers
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to conduct research and use independent judgement to problem solve and to develop and assess new opportunities
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage constituent relationships
- Proven organizational abilities and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and proven track record of accuracy
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) and excellent presentation skills with a comfort in presenting in from of small to large groups
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with programs in one or more of the following areas is an asset: mental health, newcomers, youth, neighbourhood development
Interested candidates please submit your cover letter and resume no later than Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST to: ZZ0107@uwgt.org and please indicate where you saw the job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWTYR offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by UWTYR regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.