Job ID: 2417
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Reporting to the Compliance Case Manager, the Compliance Analyst works closely with compliance investigation staff in ensuring that residential builders within the Province of British Columbia operate in compliance with the Homeowner Protection Act and any regulations (the "Regulations") enacted under the Act. The incumbent analyzes data from various sources to identify areas and individual instances of risk for non-compliance, and liaises with local, regional and provincial government officials, warranty providers, and others to identify matters requiring further interaction/investigation. The Compliance Analyst performs an administrative role with respect to de-enrollments, Owner-Builder Authorizations, Licensed Residential Builders with outstanding new home inventory, and compilation of Information Letters; responds to Compliance related tips; and conducts research and gathers information and documents for legal proceedings, including Reports to Crown Counsel and applications for injunctions. The position assists Crown Counsel and Licensing & Consumer Services (LCS) Counsel in legal proceedings and provides written and oral testimony in quasi-criminal hearings. The position is also responsible for special compliance projects, including project planning, coordination and reporting.
Community College diploma in a relevant discipline such as legal administration, law enforcement, criminology or business administration, or equivalent experience.
A minimum of three years directly related experience in a regulatory and compliance environment, involving the research and analysis of data, conducting of file investigations, and preparation of information and documents for administrative and legal proceedings.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the theories and practices of investigative research, administrative law and
- Legal proceedings, both civil and criminal
- Good knowledge of the Homeowners Protection Act and its Regulations, and of BC Housing’s programs and policies with respect to increasing consumer protection for homebuyers
- Good knowledge of the residential construction industry, including its business practices and the municipal building and permitting process
- Ability to interpret legislation, including the application of such legislation to diverse fact patterns
- Strong file management ability and report writing skills, including the ability to gather supporting documentation and prepare draft Reports to Crown Counsel.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and demonstrate tact and discretion in difficult, potentially hostile and confrontational situations
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills and good knowledge of and proficiency with applicable software programs
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.