Senior Social Media & Digital Communications Specialist
Job ID: 2415
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Senior Social Media and Digital Communications Specialist works with the Manager, Digital Content and Editorial to curate and develop content for BC Housing’s various digital and social media channels, and plans and executes social media campaigns and strategies to support BC Housing’s goals and objectives.
Degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations or other relevant discipline.
A minimum of 4 years progressively more complex and responsible work experience working as a social media and digital content producer.
Experience in working with various design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite.
Photography and videography experience considered an asset.
A suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and graphic design skills for developing graphics, photos, memes, JPEGS, gifs and other communications materials as needed.
- Strong knowledge of various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Demonstrated ability to write digestible and conversational content, provide context to industry issues, and respond to online concerns in an informed and engaging manner.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating various social media channels to increase awareness and connection with brand, mission, vision and values.
- Basic ability to shoot and edit video for digital platforms considered an asset.
- Passion for digital storytelling; ability to inspire with success stories.
- Basic photography skills and knowledge of photography standards and copyright laws for use on digital and social platforms.
- Capacity for creativity and innovation; ability to exercise initiative, resourcefulness and judgement.
- Ability to work in a project based environment and handle multiple and concurrent priorities.
- Familiarity with community engagement tools for use on mobile, digital and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of copyright, privacy, and website best practices.
- Ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies; ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, etc.
- Familiarity with CMS platforms, such as Oracle, Wordpress.
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability.
- Ability to work quickly and manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, detail oriented and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends to cover events which need social media coverage.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.